Sunday, February 12, 2012

The First Post, or: An Explanation

Hello world. I am not a hedgehog. Nor am I Martin Freeman. I'm just your regular run of the mill twenty-something, who had a "great" idea whilst procrastinating from writing a paper about Baudelaire and comedy. The laundry room of my apartment had just been mopped because the washing machines were leaking, interrupting me from my procrastination and daydreaming about attending the BAFTAs (because the BAFTAs are totally happening right now and I can't even watch them on TV because no one in America cares about it). Then it struck me.

"Hey!" I thought. "I've been blogging for over a year now on Culture Vulture. I just wrote some posts about being a fangirl. I'm clearly totally being a whiny little fangirl, complaining about having to write about Baudelaire and mopping up leaking washing water instead of attending the BAFTAs, like some sort of ridiculous modern-day (and not even properly comparable) Cinderella. I SHOULD TOTALLY BLOG ABOUT THIS AND USE IT TO WRITE MY SENIOR PAPER NEXT YEAR."

That's where this started. And now here I am. Being a whiny little fangirl critiquing whiny little fangirls. Let's see where this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment