Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes: Sherlockian Fandom Then & Now

http://images5.fanpop.com
I came across this article today:  I Believe in Sherlock Holmes: Sherlockian Fandom Then & Now

If you have any interest in the Sherlock fandom, fandoms in general, cultural studies, or are a living, breathing, sentient being, I recommend reading it. Seriously. This author is doing what I wish I had the ability to do (but am lacking the finesse and training). It's well-written, it's interesting, it brilliantly looks at fandoms as something more than just a goofy cultural quirk, and it makes me feel a hell of a lot less alone on my weird little iceberg of academically studying things people don't take very seriously.

So yeah. Read it. Trust me; it's worth it.

http://riskyfueldotcom.files.wordpress.com
If I told you Martin Freeman wanted you to read it, would you do it? Okay, Martin Freeman wants you to read it.*

* The opinions expressed on this blog in no way reflect the actual opinions of Mr. Martin Freeman. They are inherently the author's and as said author has no personal affiliation with Mr. Freeman, the above statement is henceforth an utter fabrication. Thank you for noticing this notice. Your noticing it has been noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment