Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Of Bloggers and Blogging

http://hollywoodhatesme.wordpress.com
So, whilst I was looking for photos of Martin Freeman (because, I mean, who doesn't look for photos of Martin Freeman? The man is ridiculously charming), I stumbled across this blog, namely this post: http://hollywoodhatesme.wordpress.com/2012/02/16/a-love-letter-to-dr-john-watson/. I cannot express to you how happy this post makes me. Why? Maybe because it calls Martin Freeman a "sexy little hobbit." Maybe because it likens John Watson to Jesus. Maybe because it made me laugh so hard I nearly fell over, more than once.

Because Google linked me to ALL of the posts tagged under Martin Freeman on this blog, I began reading more of them (which you can find here: http://hollywoodhatesme.wordpress.com/tag/martin-freeman/). (Personally I really love So You Think You're Dating Sherlock Holmes and Why Did I Like Sherlock Holmes (so goddamned much)? - because I realized I'm not the only one who thought of The Princess Bride during "Study in Pink." Thank God.)

What did cheeky clever writers do before blogging? Especially ones interested in British TV shows and movies (there seems to be a high correlation in cheekiness and an interest in such things. Perhaps due to an affection for English humor). I think too often I take for granted the accessibility I have to wonderful, intelligent websites right at my fingertips. And the fact that my blog is apparently considered one of those.

Blogger has this nifty little feature that allows you to see the statistics of your blog, such as what searches are linked to it, what countries are reading it, and what posts have the most views. The other day I realized one website in particular was giving me a bunch of page views. So I looked up and this is what I found: http://atalantanuminor.wordpress.com/2012/05/18/spontaneity-self-esteem-and-hedgehogs/.

I don't even know what to say. Seriously. I spent an hour after I found it waving my hands around and expressing my utter shock and elation like Craig Ferguson (here, I'll give you a visual example:

http://cdn.wg.uproxx.com/
Yep, exactly).

This writer liked my blog. And, she liked my blog enough to write about it on her blog.

Wow. Wow wow wow. Words cannot express my gratitude. To be included in such a clever post is stunning and very, very appreciated. Thank you so, so much.

http://ayries.tumblr.com/post/16477394498/thank-you-you-were-very-observant
But clearly I have some rather large shoes to fill and some high expectations to keep. So back to work! There are posts to read, culture to study, hedgehogs to be gushed over. Like this one:


Adorable.

4 comments:

  1. Much like you, I also made the Craig Ferguson face when I found out YOU liked my post.
    (Martin Freeman IS a sexy little hobbit.)
    Also: Hedgehogs!
    (Now I miss my little Saltie, the hedgehog I had in college....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well ain't you the sweetest. :D My little blog hardly merits such a pure, Scottish expression of happiness. I must admit, I got pretty smiley and silly after reading this post, too - interwebz high-five!

    Also, I agree. Very gush-worthy, super adorbs hedgehog. I only wish my cousin's hedgehog liked me half that much... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, you two are wonderful :D High-fives and hedgehogs for all!

    ReplyDelete