Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Nerd Songs

In between finishing up another post and trying to write a paper on Atonement for my cinema class, I thought I'd give you this little tidbit until I can get back to the longer post I'm writing. Generally I try to avoid late-night blogging as very bizarre things can happen. But this was too good to pass up.

I was scrolling through Tumblr tonight when this image caught my eye:

http://momentofsurrender4.tumblr.com/post/28026240857/owlett-lyrics-from-the-gorgeous
The text under the post informed me that the words were lyrics from "The Traveler's Song" by Caitlin Obom. Wondering if this was a Doctor Who-inspired piece or perhaps a cool Celtic song I was missing out on, I clicked the link.

And I founds this:


OH. MY. GOD. NERD SONGS. I'd heard about such wonders, but had never actually stumbled across them myself. And, because it was recommended in the video and mentioned on the right on Youtube, I found the purple shirt song:


Which I still have stuck in my head (witty lyrics for the win).

I find this really, really brilliant. Really. I'm going to try not to fangirl over... well, fangirls - because that sounds complicated and painful for my already over-analyzing brain. BUT THIS IS SO COOL. So if you like this, check out her Youtube channel (and this one too) (and she has a Tumblr) (and I found that all in a matter of like three minutes... the Internet is a great and kinda creepy thing... but then I'm in a generally weird mood. I mean, I had to watch both Atonement and The Silence of the Lambs in the last 48 hours for class. That does not do good things for my brain).

So... yeah, there's really no point to this post, just me sharing something cool I found. Because nerds are awesome.


I mean, Jane Austen and Doctor Who; what more could you want?

http://b.asset.soup.io/asset/2252/9611_ddb5.jpeg
Shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment