Friday, February 22, 2013

Allow myself to introduce...myself

Yes, yes, here we are, 120+ blog posts later and I'm just now introducing myself. I mean, you know who I am... sort of. But I thought I'd do one of those question-y type things you see online in various places so that you can learn utterly trivial things about me and I can have fun telling you about all the boring things I do when I'm not blogging.

So let's begin, shall we?

http://www.agbarr.co.uk
1) Middle name: Renee. It's French. It's my mother's middle name. Neither of us have any French lineage. I'm not really sure why it's our middle name. Just sounds cool, apparently. 

2) Favourite subject in school: What level of school? Ok, going with high school - band and English.

3) Favourite drink: Non-alcoholic, it'd be water. Seriously, I drink water like a fish. And tea. I also love Irn Bru, a Scottish soda which you can only get in (you guessed it) Scotland. Although apparently some supermarket in Florida might sell it? Alcoholic drinks, it'd be a gin and tonic, whiskey and ginger ale, or just straight whiskey (I have been told this is not normal for someone my age to like whiskey straight. Good things I also don't drink that much or I'd be making questionable life choices every time I went to a pub). And Guinness. I love me some Guinness. That was a really long answer for just "favorite drink." This is going to be a semi-autobiography if I keep this crap up...

4) Favourite song at the moment: "Beta Love" by Ra Ra Riot, "The Moon and Stars" by John Mark Nelson, "Demons" by Imagine Dragon, "Stars" by Grace Potter and the Nocturnal, "Little Numbers" by BOY, "The Lion's Roar" by First Aid Kit, "The King and All of His Men" by Wolf Gang... look, I know it says song but I could go on for a really long time for the songs that I can't stop listening to for this week alone.

5. What would you name your children? This is one of those questions I've never really pondered. I like the name Theodore for some reason, but I'm not sure I can see me naming a child that. I liked the name Isabella... until Twilight happened. I also like the name Thomas because that would have been my name if I'd been a boy. Which is now really awkward; thanks, fangirl me.

http://api.ning.com

6. Do you participate in any sports? I've taken up running and I do yoga, but nothing professionally. I have a long history of being hit in the face by flying objects, so basketball and other stick and ball sports never really worked out for me. I also hated P.E. until I was no longer required to take it in school. However, I did do ballet and swimming for a year as a kid, gymnastics when I was really little, and I took a dance class in high school. So I'm a mediocre ballroom dancer.

7. Favorite book? This is an impossible question to answer. But I will attempt to give you my top three favorites: The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, and The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery.
 
8. Favorite color? Blue, green, purple, yellow... I'm sorry, I'm bad at having one favorite of anything.

9. Favorite animal? Rabbit. It is my spirit animal.

10. Favorite perfume? Uh... no idea, actually. I like this stuff I got for Christmas called Burberry Brit (my mother knows me too well) and it's rather lovely.

11. Favorite holiday? Okay, so I took this survey off of a British blogger's site and considering she replied in terms of holiday meaning vacation, I don't know how to respond to this. So we'll say holiday both in terms of vacation and of monthly celebrations. A study abroad trip I took to Scotland was amazing and now I have flashbacks of being there at least once a month. And my favorite holiday month-wise is Halloween and Christmas.

12. Have you graduated high school? Yes. Yes I have.

http://images.wikia.com/victorious/images/6/6b/Well_this_is_awkward.gif

13. Have you been out of the country? Yes. Been to England (London, Warwick, Stratford Upon Avon), Scotland (all over the place, but mainly Glasgow, Edinburgh, St. Andrews, and Fort William), Germany (Frankfurt - really just the airport, Rothenburg, Neuschwanstein, Munich, Wurzburg), Austria (Innsbruck, Salzburg), and I spent four or so hours in Venice. I also spent a long layover in the Amsterdam airport, but that really doesn't count as being in Amsterdam. Two of these trips were high school band trips, the other was a study abroad seminar.

14. Do you speak any other languages? Apparently I studied French in high school, but you wouldn't know it to hear me try and speak it. Also, I am "proficient" in Italian, according to the University of Minnesota. So I can talk about the weather and whether or not I like your hair and then accuse you of being a fascist. (The vocabulary taught in my classes was a strange mix between small talk and political turmoil.)

http://img.timeinc.net/

15. Do you have any siblings? I in fact do not. I am that rare breed of human being known as the only child.

16. What’s your favorite store? Any bookstore ever. Particularly used bookstores because they're full of surprises (and free bookmarks accidentally left in between the pages).

17. Favorite Restaurant? Brit's Pub in downtown Minneapolis. They have a lovely rooftop dining area that includes a lawn bowling area. Also, they have really great food. I'm also a big fan of Ginger Hop, a wonderful Thai restaurant not far from campus, and I love three Irish pubs in the area.

18. Did you like school? This is a very complicated question. Yes, I liked school in that I learned stuff and met cool people. I did not like school in the way that I got a lot of bad habits in high school, the education system has issues, and had a lot of unpleasant memories gained from it. But overall, school was alright. Being in university is far better.

19. Favorite YouTubers? Eat Your Kimchi, John Green, The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, Daily Grace... but really it's a growing list.

20. Favorite Movie? *cries* STOP GIVING ME UNANSWERABLE QUESTIONS! Huge tie between Amelie, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Atonement, Third Star, and The Avengers.

21. Favorite TV show? Sherlock. And Wallander, even though it makes me want to tear my hair out from the tension every time I watch it. I also really love Gravity Falls, though I haven't seen a lot of it. And I secretly love Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

22. PC or Mac? Mac. Go ahead and hate me - I understand.

23. What phone do you have? An iPhone. See above on the hate.

http://www-images.theonering.org

24. How tall are you? 5'2"... I am a hobbit.
 
Personal Questions: (wait, these weren't personal already?)

1. What do you order at Starbucks? I don't usually go to Starbucks; I go to coffee shops on campus and they're local joints. I either get an Earl Grey tea latte, a chai latte, coffee (black), or if I'm feeling really dangerous, a Spanish latte or mocha. I've found that sugar and coffee (especially chocolate and coffee) make me hyperactive. So if you ever want to see me get extraordinary excitable and talkative, buy me a large mocha and wait for it to take affects. And then bring up something I'm bound to get excited about. I assure you it will be entertaining.

2. One thing in your closet you cannot live without? Scarves. And hats. I know these are not super important wardrobe items, but I love them. Especially my bowler hat.

3. What’s one thing most people probably don’t know about you? Uh, lots of things. I grew up in Indiana? I'm a quarter Italian? I wear contacts? Originally I wanted to study music at university? I have two tattoos? That's five things, sorry...

4. Name one thing you want to do before you die: Just one? Ugh... okay, sing karaoke. Even if I really suck, I want to do this terribly. To this song, this song, or this song, for some reason.

5. What’s one food you cannot live without? Strawberries. Pizza. Pasta... scratch all of that; BREAD. I love bread. So much.

6. What quote/phrase do you live by? "I am because we are and we are because I am." - African Proverb.

7. What’s your most listened to song on iTunes? "Cosmic Love" by Florence + the Machine.

8. What kind of style would you define yourself as having? I have absolutely no idea. I have been called a hipster before, so I'm not going to deny that.

9. Favorite number? 19, that's the date of the month I was born on.

10. Two hobbies? Writing and reading (surprise, surprise). In lesser known things, I also play flute and like doing outdoorsy things like hiking and swimming.

11. Two pet peeves? People that spit randomly (especially when they're walking to class and spit in the middle of the sidewalk and I accidentally step in it) and people that refuse to hold doors open for others.

12. Guilty Pleasures? I would like to direct you towards a Tom Hiddleston quote for my answer:

http://the-superavengelock-games.tumblr.com/post/43639101405

Well said, sir. I'm just going to outright steal that as my response...

So there you go. That's more than you probably ever really needed to know about me. If you've got any other questions, feel free to throw them at me. Otherwise, I'll just start integrating some stuff about me into other posts and we'll go from there :D

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kol4bjKfHH1qzvqipo1_500.jpg
(And this just became my favorite photo. Win.)

No comments:

Post a Comment