Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Too Spooky

Unfortunately, due to my work schedule, school, and a new (but weirdly positive) existential crisis, I'm unable to write a serious post today (though Friday's post is literally just going to be me fangirling over Halloween). Instead, enjoy some Halloween inspired tunes:


"Organ Donor" by Jeremy Messersmith. Messersmith is a Minneapolis musician and I love his album The Reluctant Graveyard. This tune is eerie and lovely, as well as "A Girl, A Boy, and a Graveyard" off of the same album.


"Spooky" by Classics IV. Everything about this song is a win.


"Heads Will Roll" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs. How to be sinister and glamorous at the same time.


"Thriller" by Michael Jackson. I mean, duh.


"Moondance" by Van Morrison. Van Morrison is amazing and this song is sultry and lovely.


"Lucky Suit + Tie" mashup; Daft Punk v. Justin Timberlake. This song has nothing to do with Halloween but everything to do with getting your groove on. Best mash-up ever (though the mashup between M83 and Ellie Goulding is a close second).

WARNING THIS NEXT SONG IS NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED. OR ANYONE. Seriously, listen to it at your own risk. I'm freaking the hell out just looking it up.


"D.O.A." by Bloodrock. I sincerely regret ever listening to this song. I heard it by accident last year on the Current because I happened to get up extra early that day and I have my alarm set to this radio station. Every year, the Current plays this song and, trust me, hearing it in your apartment in the pitch black one morning is pretty damn scaring. It's less scary the second time around, but let me tell you, when this song came on that morning, I bolted out of bed to turn on the light so fast my head was spinning. Horror movies bother me, but I can rationalize my way out of it. This song has bothered me ever since I first heard the DJs talk about it before they even played it and it continues to freak me out just mentioning it. It's about a plane crash and death and for some reason that is the most horrifying thing I have ever heard.

I need something less creepy.


"Love Potion Number Nine" by the Searchers. Better. So much better. I loved this song as a kid.

And finally, my favorite Halloween song:


"Ghostbusters" by Ray Parker Jr. For the win.

Have a happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment